Robotics & STEM
As the robotics industry continues to grow in Massachusetts and around the world, it is increasingly necessary to prepare the next generation for their future careers. Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) disciplines are in high demand for the growing robotics ecosystem.
MassRobotics STEM Mission
MassRobotics STEM mission is to inspire the next generation of innovators and create programs and classrooms to prepare students for the world of technology that we live in. Our STEM education goal is to facilitate relationships between the robotics community and the next generation of innovators.
Our objectives include:
- Bridging the gap between the robotics industry and education
- Creating pipelines to STEM careers
- Bringing robotics education to underserved communities
- Being a resource for schools and community organizations
- This program is designed to to encourage and empower diverse high school girls to pursue careers in robotics by giving them a solid foundation of technical skills as well as mentors and a professional network to give them the confidence and support they need to pursue a career in the tech field. The program includes a paid summer internship at a robotics company where the students can use their learned skills in real-world applications and meaningful work.
Summer Drone Academy
- Students will spend an exciting week learning about “What makes Drones Fly”. The program is designed by Brown University and Duckietown, and sponsored by Amazon Robotics. Students will complete all the tasks necessary to build and program a drone, which includes soldering, wiring electronic components, integration of sensors, flying of the drone and more.
Summer Bluetech Robotics Academy
- Blue Tech Academy is a MassRobotics and MITRE collaboration designed to explore Robotics in an Underwater Environment. Students will be challenged to integrate various STEM concepts and will build a product that can thrive at various depths in water. The Blue Tech Academy will be hosted at MassRobotics, will have MITRE mentors on site to be interviewed by student participants, and highlight tech careers at MITRE.
Educational Visits and Workshops
EF Tours is one of our STEM Champions and over the past three years we have worked together to bring interactive workshops and robotic experiences to students across the United States
STEM in the News
Send a message to MassRobotics STEM team:
"*" indicates required fields
12 Channel Street, Boston, MA 02210
© 2023 MassRobotics
Subscribe to the MassRobotics Newsletter
Learn about our residents and partners, participate in our events and challenges, and receive robotics and AI industry news.