MassRobotics is the collective work of a group of Boston-area engineers, rocket scientists and entrepreneurs.
With a shared vision to create an innovation hub to support and focus on the needs of the robotics and startup community and to escalate these companies to success, MassRobotics was born.
MassRobotics’ mission is to help create and scale the next generation of successful robotics and connected device companies by providing entrepreneurs and innovative robotics and automation startups with the workspace and resources they need to develop, prototype, test and commercialize their products and solutions.
“MassRobotics is a great asset to the City of Boston. They’re nurturing local talent and attracting innovators from around the world to bring their talent here.”Marty Walsh, 2020 (Prior Boston Mayor, Current United States Secretary of Labor)
In order to create a fertile environment in which visionaries can thrive, MassRobotics:
- Offers best-in-class infrastructure and prototyping facilities to enable the unfettered development of robotic / automation systems.
- Promotes cost efficiencies by sharing services such as prototyping and testing space, maintenance support, IT, security, business services, investor introductions and customer acquisitions.
- Anticipates needs and roadblocks for entrepreneurs in order to provide the smoothest possible path to growth.
- Provides innovation and investment back to the high-tech community through acquisition opportunities, technology licensing and facilitated innovation sabbaticals.
- Develops common-need technology services (e.g. sensors support and standards office) for the MassRobotics community.
- Inspires the next generation of innovators and builders through in-house, hands-on STEM collaboration and initiatives.
Meet The Team
Tom RydenExecutive Director
Joyce SidopoulosChief of Operations
Micaelah MorrillVP, Business Development
Colleen AndersonDirector, Community & Events
Russell NickersonEngagement Liaison
Juan NecocheaManager Strategic Partnership
Khalif MitchellSTEM Program Manager
Sayo ShinguMarketing Manager
Nasir Ahmad NezamiLaboratory Technician
Sherrie SimoneOffice Administrator
History & Founders
MassTLC established the Massachusetts Robotics Cluster in 2004 to bring together companies, institutions, and individuals engaged in robotics research, education, product design, and commercialization. During these cluster meetings, industry leaders discussed breakthrough ideas—one of which was developing an innovation hub and co-working space focused on robotics. Cluster members worked together to develop a business plan and organization that would accelerate and escalate robotics technology and adoption. In 2015, those ideas came to fruition, and MassRobotics was formed as a non-profit with a mission to support the growing robotics ecosystem.
Founders include: Tye Brady | Steve Paschall | Fady Saad | Joyce Sidopoulos | Daniel Theobald.
Board of directors
Tye Brady, Chair
Chief Technologist, Amazon Robotics
CEO & Co-Founder, iRobot Corporation
Director, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) MIT
Former President, Kendall Square Association
Board of Directors, Boston Foundation
CEO & Founder, Cambridge Innovation Center
Chairman, Director, Co-Founder, LabCentral
Former CEO & President, Mass Technology Leadership Council
Founder & Chief Innovation Officer, Vecna Robotics
Executive Director, MassRobotics
Co-Founder and Former COO, VGo Communications
12 Channel Street, Boston, MA 02210
© 2022 MassRobotics
Subscribe to the MassRobotics Newsletter
Learn about our residents and partners, participate in our events and challenges, and receive robotics and AI industry news.