MassRobotics, Festo, Mitsubishi Electric, Novanta and MITRE welcome you to the 2023-2024 Healthcare Robotics Startup Catalyst applications, now open!
aPPLICATION DEADLINE: sEPT 22, 2023
Healthcare robotics is rapidly evolving, and the current state of the field is characterized by the development of increasingly sophisticated robots designed to assist healthcare professionals with a range of tasks. From surgical procedures to patient care, robots are becoming an integral part of modern healthcare.
Healthcare robotics presents a range of opportunities in various areas of healthcare. In clinical care, robotics can improve patient outcomes by providing more precise and less invasive procedures, reducing the risk of complications, and shortening hospital stays. Public safety is another area where robotics can play a crucial role in reducing the spread of infectious diseases by sanitizing and disinfecting public areas and assisting with patient triage.
In laboratory and supply chain automation, robotics can streamline processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency by handling repetitive tasks such as sample processing and inventory management. With an aging population, there is an increasing demand for healthcare services, and robotics can help bridge the gap between supply and demand by assisting with tasks such as mobility and home care.
Out-of-hospital care presents an opportunity for robotics to assist with remote monitoring and communication between patients and healthcare professionals, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. Additionally, robots can assist with tasks such as education and remote work, enabling people to continue working and learning even when they cannot physically be present.
Finally, healthcare robotics presents an opportunity to improve healthcare professionals’ training and support by providing simulation and training environments for procedures and protocols, improving the quality of care and patient outcomes.
Overall, the healthcare robotics market presents significant opportunities for improving patient care, reducing healthcare costs, and increasing efficiency across various areas of healthcare. With the growing demand for healthcare services and technological advancements, the market is poised for substantial growth in the coming years.
- Healthcare + Robotics/AI/IoMT focus within our scope (excluding digital health, e.g. apps, process automation, etc.)
- Early-stage up to series A
- Solid team (healthcare, technical, strategic)
- Strong leadership with a proven track record
- Financial backing (from angels, CVC and/or VCs)
- Defensible IP position
Program benefits include:
- Access to FESTO, Mitsubishi Electric Automation, MITRE, Novanta and other key players and collaborating corporates, innovation centers and engineering teams
- Introductions to FESTO, Mitsubishi Electric Automation, MITRE, Novanta and other key players and other collaborating corporates’ existing customers
- Introductions to MassRobotics Healthcare Robotics Working Group experts and network of strategic partners
- Introductions to investors
- Introductions to contract manufacturing firms and suppliers
- Loaner, free components and access to prototyping and testing
- Media and marketing support (publications, press releases, tradeshows, etc.)
- Diverse and tailored advisory board from MassRobotics experts network
Categorization of robots for healthcare and infectious diseases
- Healthcare worker + visitor telepresence
- Disinfecting point of care
- Prescription/meal dispensing
- Patients testing (swabs, blood drawing, etc.)
- Hospital automation and logistics systems
- Quarantine enforcement
- Disinfecting public spaces
- Identification of infected people
Out-Of-Hospital Care, Quality Of Life, And Continuity Of Work And Education
Laboratory and supply chain automation
- Supplies and products delivery
- Infectious material handling
- Manufacture or decontaminate PPE
- Laboratory & vaccine development automation
- Warehouse automation
- Genetic testing
Healthcare professional’s training & support
- Training systems
- Diagnostic systems
- Intervention systems
- Medication/essentials delivery
- Off-site testing
- Testing and care in nursing homes
- Work/school sanitization
- Rehabilitation/therapeutic systems
- Assistive + prosthetics technologies
- Wearable Devices
- Connected Health Devices
- Virtual Reality (VR) related
- Biofeedback Devices
- Electronic Stimulation Device
If you are a corporate or healthcare-related entity that is interested in collaborating on this program contact us here.
12 Channel Street, Boston, MA 02210
© 2023 MassRobotics
Subscribe to the MassRobotics Newsletter
Learn about our residents and partners, participate in our events and challenges, and receive robotics and AI industry news.