AMD Robotics Innovation Challenge is now open! Leveraging AMD Xilinx FPGA Innovation for Edge Robotics Applications. $5,ooo prize!
AMD Robotics Innovation Challenge
No matter what type of robot you are developing, it will most likely require efficient computing with real-time requirements. System on Module (SOM)-based FPGAs can deliver both software and hardware solutions with low power, high performance, reconfigurability, and reliability while meeting tough size, weight, and power constraints, cybersecurity considerations, and dynamically changing scenarios.
SOMs can also be further refined for the specific needs of certain sectors. The AMD Kria™ KR260 Robotics Starter Kit, the development platform for Kria K26 SOMs, is custom-built for robotics and industrial applications. It comes complete with high-performance interfaces and native ROS 2 support for ease of development by roboticists and software developers to accelerate innovation and reduce time-to-market.
In this challenge, participants are invited to explore the benefits and advantages of AMD Kria SOMs to create solutions that seamlessly integrate adaptive computing into their robotics projects. Companies with existing solutions that welcome customization and optimization through the use of software and hardware re-programmability and acceleration are encouraged to apply.
AMD, a leader in adaptive computing, has developed innovative solutions which have enhanced the robotics sector. By participating in this challenge, participants will gain hands-on experience working with Kria SOMs, while also networking with industry leaders in robotics and technology.
The challenge will accept applications starting on May 22 and ending on June 12. Winners of the challenge will be provided with AMD Kria™ KR260 Robotics Starter Kits, mentorship, and an opportunity to showcase their technology in leading robotics trade shows within the AMD booth.
We invite early-stage robotics companies to take part in this exciting challenge and take advantage of the opportunity to showcase their skills and expertise in developing innovative solutions that leverage Kria SOM technologies. Join us in shaping the future of robotics through innovation and collaboration!
Important timeline (2023):
Program benefits include:
- Should show a strong emphasis on hardware development
- Address complex problems in the field of robotics
- Be early-stage (up to Series A)
- Boast a solid team with digital design expertise
- Possess strong leadership with a proven track record
- Have a defensible IP position
- Prize funding of $5,000 USD
- Access to AMD’s innovation centers and Industrial, Vision, Healthcare & Sciences market experts
- A chance to showcase your solution at ROSCon and SPS Shows under the AMD banner
- Introductions to MassRobotics’ robust robotics network
- Access to AMD Kria KR260 Robotics Starter Kits
- Opportunity to collaborate on marketing and media engagements such as press announcements, articles, and tradeshows
12 Channel Street, Boston, MA 02210
© 2023 MassRobotics
Subscribe to the MassRobotics Newsletter
Learn about our residents and partners, participate in our events and challenges, and receive robotics and AI industry news.