The MassRobotics Robot Block Party is back! Dozens of robots will descend upon Boston’s Seaport Innovation District for our 3rd Annual Robot Block Party on Sunday, Oct. 20th. The event celebrates Massachusetts STEM week. Families, professionals and students can check out the latest in robotics and experience exciting demos of the products that will shape our future, and maybe even win an opportunity to ride in an autonomous vehicle. The Robot Block Party is a free event and open to the public, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Along with robots of all shapes and sizes there will be music and food trucks and special guests.
Expanding upon popular activities from the last 2 years – robot demonstrations, presentations from area robotics companies and universities, FIRST teams, hands-on interactions with robots, games and more – 2019 will be even bigger than last year!
• Check out personal home robots, from companion to cleaning & weeding
• “Design your own robot” using tools for robot design, making the process of creating robots accessible to beginners and experts alike
• Watch drones, from consumer to surveillance to agriculture, fly
• Get up close to an autonomous vehicle, and maybe even ride in one
• See what humanoid robots can do today, and what they might be able to do in the future
• Learn about robotic arms and how they are used in a variety of applications including manufacturing
• Find out how logistics robots are helping your online orders to you faster
• See how robots are promoting a healthy lifestyle that move indoors and outdoors
• Discover what exciting things are going on at local university robotics programs, including interactive and language-guided learning, NASA Mars Ice Challenge robot and research drones
Participants (confirmed to date) in this year’s block party included: Analog Devices, American Robotics, Aptiv Autonomous Mobility, Ava Robotics, BrainCo, ChartaCloud, Cleo Robotics, FLIR Unmanned Ground Systems, Franklin Robotics, GreenSight, Harmonic Drive, iRobot, MITRE, MVP Robotics, National Guard, Optimus Ride, , RightHand Robotics, RSE, SMC, SoftRobotics, Thinking Robots, Toyota Research Institute,Waypoint Robotics, FIRST robotics teams from the area and universities including Harvard, Northeastern, Tufts (HRI & DevTech Research Group), UMass Lowell and WPI.
The MassRobotics Block Party is made possible by a grant from the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative.
Along with our Premier sponsor, MTC, we would like to thank our additional event sponsors:
- Gold Sponsors: MITRE, Toyota Research Institute, Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Silver Sponsor: Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Bronze Sponsors: Arrow, Vecna Robotics
No registration necessary to attend. Feel Free to share with schools, friends and colleagues – #RobotBlockParty @MassRobotics
The event will be held in the Seaport’s Marine Industrial Park at 11 Drydock Avenue.
Photos from past year’s Robot Block Parties: